Our members are committed to providing consumers with a variety of natural source waters that are healthy, natural and packaged in 100% recyclable materials.
Natural source water producers are custodians of the land and are committed to protecting the water sources rom pollution and ensuring long term sustainability. In addition, all of our members are committed to supporting habitats and encouraging biodiversity on the land.
Our members are committed to working with the Scottish Government and DEFRA to help deliver a successful DRS for the UK.
As part of our work with the University of Cambridge Sustainability Leadership Team (CISL), NSWA members have made the following commitments for delivery by 2020:
- To continue to innovate to reduce the volume of plastic used in their packaging and ensure it is 100% recyclable or reusable
- To undertake comprehensive research to investigate the optimal material for packaging that eliminates plastic waste while ensuring the lowest net environmental impact
- Undertake research into consumer behaviour change and societal norms for a circular packaging system
- Commit to and seek government mandate for a consistent industry-wide standard labelling for natural source water packaging to ensure consumer clarity on recyclability and recycled content
- Undertake a feasibility study on alternative water and soft drink delivery models and seek to implement recommendations at scale where feasible